Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today!

Hey there. What? No, I'm not dead. Yes, I'm still engaged. I guess I just haven't had too much to say to the internets lately. And I've been insanely busy with school and my business.

Wedding planning was immensely exciting for a while. Then I hit a road block and it was immensely depressing. All the options just felt so.... wedding. Go figure. But I digress. Because today, today! Today, we decided something for good. We are having a small ceremony and then a large reception. It's what I wanted from the beginning, but when you get planning things start to seem less possible somehow and all forces funnel you into a cookie cutter wedding because it's what's easy in your price range, it's what's been done before, and it's what people expect. But today we are throwing off these wedding shackles and doing it our way. We're having a small, teeny tiny ceremony somewhere in the wilderness. I might make people hike. I might make them picnic. But that's not important because our teeny tiny ceremony is going to be ours, just as we want it, and it's going to be awesome.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment